Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #8 Google Reader

WOW! This is an amazing way to keep up with the science happening all around us! This is an asset to use in the classroom by both the teachers and students. I think that some students still think that science just occurs in the textbook, and this is a great way to show the students how to apply what they have learned to something that peaks his or her interests! I found some neat websites to follow, like National Geographic for Kids, and another about Science News. This is an easy way to pull current events to share on the morning announcements and find a great article for students to read and reply to in their journals. I called my husband to share this Reader, and he said I needed to take a look at his...he had hundreds of journals he follows weekly! I had no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment