Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #12 Commenting

I learned many things through this discovery exploration. I was most impressed that someone stated exactly how I felt...that sarcasm and humor don't come through clearly through words. I don't even like texting because you receive the message based on how you feel at the time, not necessarily how the author intended it. I also really appreciated Meredith Farkas' opinion of sharing information. I completely agree with her point of view in sharing the knowledge and wealth.
As I was making comments on others' blogs, I was picking up ideas of how teachers could use some of these projects with the kids! Every assignment seems to take a lot longer than it sounds because I realize that I have had no educational training in any of this!!! I would really like to go and visit a classroom where a lot of the blogging is taking place, how the teacher monitors it, and how the students feel and benefit!

I found a great blog that I added to my Google Reader, called http://www.sciencewithme.com/blog/ that is great! She explores everyday events and writes about the science behind them! Some are experiments, and others are just great hands on experiences! When I was looking for the other blog, I came across something that I had not experienced before...blog blasting (at least that is what I call it)! Having a 4 month old, I was searching for a blog on new moms, and well, I came across a crossfire in cyberspace! This makes me think twice before typing something on other blogs or even my blog! People do read your thoughts that you share! I will continue looking for another one!

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of going to a classroom that is using blogging or wikis to see it actually being used. I have a hard time taking this sort of information and implementing it, so having a face-to-face with another teacher who is already doing some of these amazing things would be very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete