Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #6 Mashups

Mashups were a little complicated for me. I think that the mosaic website was really neat. I really liked the magazine cover creator. As a teacher, I could create 10 topics for students to journal about. Each 9 weeks could have a different magazine cover and could be set up as a center in the classroom. I tried to create ideas that would make the students interested in researching science:
1. why do my armpits stink???
2. why do I need those crusty things in my nose??
Are boogers and armpits in the TEKS? No, but they do get students to think and want to know why their bodies having defense mechanisms. They will learn about all sorts of things that will make them want to learn and understand how and why things work, which will lead to the core concepts in our TEKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment