Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #16

This was not easy for me, the whole wiki space idea. I don't like that you don't know who is editing and can't monitor what is being said. I'm sure this is great in the classroom to display projects, but I couldn't even navigate through the space easily. I tried to make my own, but didn't get far. I think this is going to have to be a verbal conversation with someone who sees how it can work. I saw a friend's wikispace, and she made a webquest with it. She created the links to new pages where each group completed the assignment. It was neat, but I think you should either use it all the time, or not at all. I think that there is so much to learn up to this point, like adding pictures, podcasts, videos, music...that there is a lot of teaching to be done before it can all unfold in a wikispace. I will have to research more!

2 comments:

  1. actually you can monitir who has access and as the owner of the wiki you can control what is left in it

    ReplyDelete