Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing #23

1. My favorite thing was delicious! I have continued using it as I have worked through this process!
2. I think that my head has been opened to the digital world, which I didn't realize has advanced so! I will now say I was teaching in the dark ages!
3. My unexpected surprise - I am challenging my husband and actually know more than him at this point! When it comes to technology, he assumes that I know what he does. Now, I have learned a different realm than he knows! Wahoo! I will be using some of these techniques and strategies with the teachers at my school. I have found myself wanting to talk to others face to face about this journey! I know the whole point of web2.0 is to be able to communicate without having to be face to face, but I am taking baby steps.
4. I really think that this process was a wonderful one. I was getting a little tired around item #17, but am so excited that I have completed this journey and look forward to how others are going to use it this year! I think it would be really neat to have an open blogging response of how teachers are using these tools in their classrooms or with their teachers. I think that Ning would be a great place to start this! I know that we can look through all of the blogs, but to be able to add it to my Google Reader, and then keep up with the new posts daily would keep things fresh with the possibilities of what can be done!
5. I definitely would participate. For some reason, when I read that idea, I get nervous again about the "unknown", which is what I was doing when I started this! I will get nervous for no reason, and then be so excited at the end. I do the same things with roller coasters!
6. This is an incredible eye-opening journey, that makes you realize it is time to start communicating with our students in the digital world, which is where we are going whether we want to or not! Jump on board!
7. Thank you for this project. I want to be back in the classroom to implement some of these things with the students, but I will figure out how to use it with the teachers, and in the lessons I do get to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment